<VV> Steps to taking off head?

ChiefTAM@aol.com ChiefTAM@aol.com
Sat, 10 Apr 2004 21:28:35 EDT

Thank you very much Chuck, that will really help.  I have been told there is
a good machine shop in Arlington TX that will work on Corvairs, and I remember
folks on VV talking about a good machine shop in California.  If the problem
is valve seats and not a blown head gasket (and it probably is a valve seat) I
will definitely have a machine shop set them up and I will give them your
suggestions.  I seem to remember seeing a 69 Chassis Shop Manual somewhere in my
storage unit.  Would this have the information in it that I need?  Also, I
remember seeing a tool that us used for the push rod tubes in the stuff I got
with my 65.  Is that useable only for putting in push rod tubes or does it help
in taking them out?

Well, I guess I am about to get an education in Corvair mechanics.  I can't
believe that this would happen when I move the farthest I have ever been from a
Corvair mechanic.  With my new job and trying to build a house, I really
didn't need this.  However, I really have missed driving my Corvair, so I guess I
will become a mechanic!

Todd Miller
Dallas