<VV> spacers for EM stock wheels

Robert Wilkinson wilk@cellbio.wustl.edu
Sun, 11 Apr 2004 22:05:15 -0500

Has anyone used spacers to move EM wheels outboard?  My stock wheels with
185/70 13 tires seem "recessed", and I think they would look better if
moved outboard.  If you've done it, how thick a spacer did you use, and are
you satisfied?  I believe I can increase rear spring rates to get the
camber right with the wider track, but how does this mod (on front wheels)
affect steering and stability?  Note that because I prefer wire wheels
(current ones are stock KH) I can't afford to simply buy equivalent wider
wheels or wheels with less offset.  Moreover, being stuck with 13 inch
wheels, I can't even buy wider tires.

Thanks for any help.

Bob Wilkinson
63 Convertible with 64 suspension, aftermarket shortened steering arms