<VV> Re: parking lites on with headlites

Bill Elliott Bill Elliott" <corvair@fnader.com
Mon, 12 Apr 2004 14:10:32 -0400

I could be wrong, but I thought it was a 1968 _calender_ year change.... meaning early  '68's (actually built
in '67) would not be affected. And I'll bet that's a majority of the 68's (just a guess...)

I know that the importation rules start with anything manufactured on Jan 1, 1968... don't see why it would
have been different for domestic manufacturers.

On a related subject, does anyone know what waivers the Corvair got from the 1968 DOT rules? One that I
suspect... the Corvair is the only car in 1968 that I'm aware of that was allowed to maintain a dash-mounted
igition switch...meaning that the steering column was not locked. You should see the contraptions the Brits
came up with to meet the US rules in '68....

Bill Elliott