<VV> Re: parking lites on with headlites

airvair airvair@richnet.net
Mon, 12 Apr 2004 15:06:39 -0400

Back then, most regulations kicked in on a calendar-year basis, not
model year. The auto companies, most often to keep from producing two
sets of parts for any one year, usually instituted changes (if possible)
with the model year. This lighting requirement wasn't mandated until the
first of the calendar year, but most companies made it standard at the
start of the model year because the sidelights were part of it, and
because of the aforementioned rule of thumb.

-Mark