<VV> Survey: Spare Engines

Diane Galli rdgalli@tcsn.net
Fri, 16 Apr 2004 12:47:13 -0700

Matt said:

Carl,  since you seem to not be getting any responses........why not just
have him change cams?
I've seen Cranks changed in parkinglots on a flatbed trailer in just
hours...a racer to boot!  He WON the race!
Cams can be changed by just barely splitting the block....but just as quick -
easy to pull the one side...IMO

You / I know there are thousands of engines laying around SoCal...many
good.....but IMO   most people never take the time to find out...until they
desperately need it!  gggg

Good luck!

Matt N.
**************************
I once changed cams in St George UT, on the way to a Tri-State meet. Did not
remove the heads.
     I once changed holed piston/barrel assy. at Jack Rabbit Trading Post,
Half way between Winslow and Holbrook AZ. on the way to Lake Placid
Convention. Each time, only a couple days delay. Part of the Adventure.
      I've got about 25 engines, mostly 145 cu in, couple FC's thrown in, some
"been in the ground too long". Nothing I would call "solid and dependable".
You cannot guarantee anything if you do not know the past history.
        Change the cam, lot's less trouble.

         Bob