<VV> expenses

Tony Underwood tonyu@roava.net
Sat, 17 Apr 2004 12:40:45 -0400

At 11:19 AM 4/17/2004 -0400, SPYDER62@aol.com wrote:
>In a message dated 4/17/2004 6:38:00 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
>tonyu@roava.net writes:
>Roman Red, Forest Green, LeMans Blue, Ermine White, all lacquer, were bought
>for less than 150 bucks/gallon last time it was purchased (a couple of years
>ago) from a local supplier.  Clear still costs about 70-80 bucks/gallon
>depending on who has it and how much discount I can snag (and how old the
>stuff
>is).
>Try buying Lacquer now the EPA has just about killed it out this way. Last

Yep... prices have gone up almost 75% in a couple of years alone... and
that was from an already high price considering that we're talking lacquer
and not an exotic paint.

>time I got some had to sign all types of from saying I was not painting in
>Portland and would not paint outside LOL (my open air paint booth), But
now even
>here in Salem you can't buy it at an Auto paint store. Funny that they
will not
>let you paint Lacquer but they well let you use the new stuff that will kill
>you in a heart beat if you don't use the right safety equipment.

That's the quagmire... they rant and rave over lacquer which is benign and
safe to shoot anywhere...  yet they'll sell you epoxy paints without a
glance that require a space suit to shoot if you don't want brain damage or
cancer.

Go figger.

tony..  acrylics ONLY