<VV> Electric powered AC units on new cars (no Corvair content)

Richard Loving ral1963@earthlink.net
Sun, 18 Apr 2004 21:01:22 -0500

I can't believe that no one responded to this?

Does anyone know anything about these?, as I would think that this would be
ideal for the Corvair with the AC mounted in the trunk, no long lines piped
up from the rear, rotation of the compressor wouldn't matter, expensive AC
mounts wouldn't be an issue, etc, etc....

Rick Loving

<SNIP>

Subject: <VV> Electric powered AC units on new cars (no Corvair content)

For anyone interested, I saw yesterday a electrically powered a/c compressor
in a new Saturn Vue. It's a small SUV. I would imagine with an upgraded
alternator, these could be used for our Corvair engines. I know I'm
interested in doing something like this.