<VV> Re: Another Different Front Suspension/Steering Problem

Gary mopar@jbcs2.net
Mon, 19 Apr 2004 05:24:03 -0400

> Subject: <VV> Another Different Front Suspension/Steering Problem
>
> I just encountered a new problem with the front suspension of my LM
> convertible.  So I am here once again to solicit ideas on what the problem
> may be...
>
> During hard braking the front end will develop a tremendous shake similar
> the shake a convertible gets if the martini shakers are not installed but
> much more significant/violent.  The interesting thing is that it doesn't
do
> this all the time, just twice in the last three days.  I have done an
> inspection and didn't see anything wrong and nothing seems to be loose.
The
> front end was rebuilt about 12 years ago with nylon bushings, new ball
> joints, tie rod ends and probably has at most 10,000 miles.
> It's not brakes, no pulling to one side and no pulsing etc.
>
> Any ideas???
>
> Thanks
> The Artful Dodger

Though you say it is not brakes, I would check again.
Did the car sit all winter? If so then there may be some rust area's on the
drums which have not "cleaned up" yet.
Or possibly the wheel cylinders have started to leak, getting fluid on the
linings causing them to "grab".
Otherwise you will have to examine all components of the suspension and find
the culprit......

Gary Swiatowy