<VV> Fwd: [indyscca] autocross/school report

Levair@aol.com Levair@aol.com
Mon, 19 Apr 2004 10:19:12 EDT

In a message dated 4/18/04 10:57:00 PM Eastern Daylight Time, levair@aol.com
writes:

<< From:    levair@aol.com
 To:    fastvair@yahoo.com
 CC:    virtualvairs@corsa.org, MichelleLeVeque@aol.com, Levair@aol.com,
S_levair@iquest.net, ricebugg@mtco.com, FREDSCLASSICS@aol.com,
indyscca@yahoogroups.com

 All,
 Just got back from a great two days of 80+ degree weather in Ft. Wayne IN.
It
 was 38 deg. last year at this time.
    We had 53 students (some with  very familiar non novice faces) in the
 school. I did the beginning class and then unexpectedly had to do the
advance
 class also. I luckily had the performance workshop stuff with me and a copy
of
 "the black art of autocrossing" from Solo Is:
    They found the Corvair related stuff quite amusing---Pig Racing and
 such---more about this coming.
    We had 115 entries on Sunday for the autocross. On the last run of the
day
 a 1964 red Corvair won Fastest time of the day. some pig, huh?
   I'll admit that there was a C sports racer there that was  faster but he
 coned and spun out. He was a real gentleman about it and admitted to the
cone.
 He usually easily buries me.
    I had to conquer the "red  mist" and discipline myself to go slow in the
 slow places to go even faster in the fast places and pulled out nearly a
whole
 second.
    The hardest advice of all to take is your own!
   We're ---Lee Miller, Jack Tovey and I, and theCSCC crew --are doing the
 school again this coming weekend at Columbus Indiana.
   It was a completly wonderful weekend; we even had a little impromptu
Church
 service Sun. morning.
    I continue to be amazed at the interest that young people have in the
 Corvairs. It starts many " I (or my aunt or grandma) used to one one just
like
 that" conservations"
    Warren
[...]

<FONT COLOR="#000099">Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
</FONT><A HREF="http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511"><B>Click Here!</B></A><FONT COLOR="#000099">
</FONT><A HREF="http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/7_TolB/TM"><B>Click Here!</B></A>