<VV> Powerglide low band adjustment

VairMech@aol.com VairMech@aol.com
Wed, 21 Apr 2004 06:55:12 EDT

In a message dated 4/20/2004 10:31:35 AM Eastern Standard Time,
ncwitte@wittelaw.com writes:
I was wondering if any one had an easy way to adjust this screw without me
going out and getting a clicker torque wrench (both of mine are beam type and
useless in these tight quarters).

    I probably shouldn't say this publicly but here goes, You can tighten the
adjusting screw by hand to almost 20 lb. in. That is close enough without
using any torque wrench. The other thing when you do this don't go the full 4
turns back, do 3 7/8 turns to compensate for the lesser torque that was applied.
    I have done this in the car and out just to check my findings and my
numbers above are real close.
    Ken Hand