<VV> Re: Electric AC Note

vairologist@juno.com vairologist@juno.com
Wed, 21 Apr 2004 14:26:36 -0400

 Subject: <VV> Re:  Electric AC Note
>  <snip>
> Smitty says:  What does r have to do with watts.  I thought it was E
> x I <unsnip>
>
> Use the rest of the ohm's law equations,  E=I*R    I=E/R    R=E/I.
>
> In the equation P=E*I      substitute I*R for the E  and you get
> P= I*R*I   or P=I2R or    substitute E/R for the I  and you get
> P= E*E/R   or P=E2/R        Although I think you jest...
>  Frank DuVal
Smitty says:  Naw Frank, I was serious.  In the dark ages I learned to
use "W" not "P" and never thought to consider the law that way.  Like I
told Harry Yarnell who also straightened me out, I still can't get past
Hertz.  Hertz is something it does when you get across HEI.  Them things
are Cycles or CPS.