<VV> Cardboard Gaskets

Phil Fairman hoscale@paonline.com
Thu, 22 Apr 2004 22:25:40 -0400

Arjay wrote:
The question is this: I'll need a new gasket to mate
>the casting to the engine, cheap, yes, but the
>shipping from either of the vendors will be three
>times the cost of the gasket.

I've found that Froot Loops boxes make the best gaskets...
Seriously, a $2.90 gasket, perhaps $5.00 to get it there and an engine that
will use a minimum of $1,800 in parts to rebuild if your cereal box, goop &
snot doesn't work is bad math. Break down, order the gasket from Unca Lon,
Cal, or one of the Corvair vendors that have spent untold thousands of dollars
to provide the proper parts...and order a few other things at the same time,
it cuts the per-item shipping cost.
Support the vendors...they've invested in us, we need to keep them going.

Cheers,
Phil Fairman
'66 Monza 110 pg