<VV> New fuel pump leaking

Tony tonyu@roava.net
Fri, 23 Apr 2004 09:14:02 -0700

At 2124 04/22/2004 -0500, Christopher E Nicholson wrote:
>Hey y'all,
>
>Put a new gas tank in my sedan last weekend, and installed the new fuel
>pump that I had been keeping as a spare. That was Saturday and today I
>noticed a drip, drip, drip behind he car after I got home from work. The
>screws are tight, the pump is securely mounted, but it is dripping at the
>back, onto the crank pulley.
>
>Any ideas? Besides calling Clark's in the morning of course...

Did you check to make sure it's a good pump or a bogus pump via looking at
that
the edges of that diaphragm material?   Only takes 5 seconds, saves you a lot
of trouble in the long run.    Works for me.

If I'm standing there looking at a new pump and I see no fibers in the
edges of
the diaphragms I don't buy it.   If it was mail order, I send it back and ask
for a good pump (via same criteria) or a refund/credit because that
unreinforced diaphragm will fail sooner or later, usually much sooner.

The correct pump with the right diaphragm material will last for years and
years just as the originals did.

tony..