<VV> Do you remember the first time? (long)

slmizel@juno.com slmizel@juno.com
Fri, 23 Apr 2004 14:37:19 GMT

I dropped the top, left St. Louis city, and cruised along the bluff road on the Illinois side of the Mississipi.  It was only a 50-60 mile run...but it was all I hoped it would be!  The sky was a deep blue, with the sunlight dimpling through the canopy of green leaves overhead.  The bluff hovered over me on my left and a lush, green field stretched away to the river on the right.  I have driven that road hundreds of times in cars or on motorcycles, but this time it was in Bessie, my Vair.  I have been craving this ride for the last 15 years since my first, failed affair with exceptionally unique car...Just wondered if y'all remembered your first time?  How sweet it is...

Thanks to all who helped me with my "tuned up and turned off" problem...turned out to be the rotor...seems that it and the dust cover vibrate loose and mess up the timing at times.  My Vair still tends to run a little rough at low temps...but on my recent drvies, the longer I drove the better it ran (I sure that should tell me something about my car...but I am still learning this whole mechanic thing)...after cruising at 70-75 for 20 minutes the car ran like new (when cold it can be sluggish and even backfire at times).  I am sure I will have many more questions...my throw out bearing is making quite a racket and will have to be replaced before any serious summer driving.

Also: I know most here are CORSA members...I have emailed for info but have not heard anything.  I am pretty sure I will join, but just heard about the group a couple weeks ago and would like to know more before writing a check.  If you guys are interested you can check out my new car at

http://www.gandsmarketing.com/corvairpics1.htm

Sorry for the length...but I had to share my joy!

Steve Mizel, St. Louis
'65 Corsa Vert 140hp 4sp (Soon to be a daily driver)
'92 Lumina (see why I needed a Vair??)
'98 Grand Caravan (My wife now wants an EM Vert so she can have a "cool car" too!)

Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!