<VV> EUM Update

kaczmarek@charter.net kaczmarek@charter.net
Fri, 23 Apr 2004 16:49:38 +0000

All
Some notes on the progress of the EUM

After much debate on converting the Van engine to a conventional dipstick, and plugging the van filler/dipstick tube with a freeze plug:

We have modified the shrouding and used the van filler tube. All our measurements so far say it will have enough clearance. This weekend will let us know if we have done things right. There is still a regular car oil filler tube on the top of the oil filter adapter housing. The van one will only be used to check the oil.

The shrouding has all been repainted and installed on the engine. Another fabrication to the shrouding: The shrouds I had on the left side of the engine were for a 12 plate oil cooler. Since we are using a folded fin, there was a gap in the shrouding. A piece of stainless steel has been fabricated to cover that gap.

195/70R13 tires were found to put on the Dan Gurney Aluminum Rims that Ron Guy graciously donated to the project. Cleaning and polishing of the rims is to be done in the next week.

The Battery hold-down is to be fabricated from aftermarket parts. Will be installed this weekend.

Saturday morning, all of the front crossmember parts (xmember, brake backing plates, control arms, etc) are being blasted and painted. (there is the ULTRA x member still in the car, this is the one from the donor rustbucket car) The steering box is being disassembled and checked, then to be resealed.

Won't be too much longer.

When??? about 10 days I figure before it breathes.
Then??
Shifter bushings, shim shifter, new cable, hang the brakes, new balljoints and control arm bushings, take for an alignment.

HANK

HANK