<VV> Speakers

Geoff Johnson geoffj@unm.edu
Fri, 23 Apr 2004 21:40:08 -0600

Does anyone have a suggestion on a good brand of 4X10 speakers that will
fit original rear seat speaker mounts?  I have had two modern 4X10's
mounted in the back in two original rear seat speaker mounts in my 63,
looks stock except for there being two.  I had some out of a suburban or
something in there until today as I was driving along cranking through
Riders on the Storm when buzz crackle the back one burned out.  I had seen
it coming, they were not doing so good after listening to barbershop music
in the car.  I have a set of Rockford Fosgate speakers mounted in  a pair
of those fresh air vent speaker mounts up front that Lon sells (really
slick set up BTW).  I would like a match but it does not appear they make
4X10's.  So looking for some that will work.  On  Ebay there seem to be a
fair number of wierd no name stuff, any of it any good?  So any
suggestions?  I want some that will fit the original grills/ mounts, so I
am wondering if someone here has had luck doing the same thing.

Thanks
Geoff Johnson
63 Monza Cp
66 Corsa Cp