<VV> re: 140 pg gas mileage final gasp

kovacsmk kovacsmk@Access4Less.net
Sat, 24 Apr 2004 19:43:22 -0400

 While final preparations are being completed on the "20 years sleep"
resurrection, I finally looked up the gas mileage on the '66 140 PG.
Just prior to putting it away in the winter (Jan to Feb) of '82 it was
averaging about 23 MPG with the high of 25.5  and a low of 21.0. This is
in the New England winter when fuel mileage falls off. The best I
recorded was almost 28 on a trip to Vermont in the previous fall. I
think I could easily get 30 on a flat stretch if there was such a thing
around here. This is almost the same mileage I currently get with my '02
Intrepid R/T. (3.5  244 HP). Old cars are neat, but new cars can be
amazing.

 Imagine the mileage possible if I could put the 3.5 drive train into
the Vair that weighs 1,000 lbs less.

Getting all the information is most of the solution.

MIKE KOVACS