<VV> 69 In Tow

Tony tonyu@roava.net
Sun, 25 Apr 2004 01:16:15 -0700

At 2357 04/24/2004 -0400, vairologist@juno.com wrote:

>        I've flat towed Earlies a million miles more or less and they all
>tracked well behind the tow car at any speed I was crazy enough to drive.
> This thing was a royal pain in the butt.  Every once in awhile it would
>start oscillating side to side for no apparent reason.  If  enough
>courage could be developed to ignore it, it would go through a cycle and
>then settle down for a while till it decided to show its true Late model
>character again.  This car is low mileage and tight.  Zero play in the
>steering.  We jockeyed tire pressures up and down 10 psi or better.  Tow
>bar had no play in it  I'm not really expecting any answers, but I would
>like to know if all Lates have nasty dispositions.

Frankly, the only oscillating Vair I've ever ben involved with towing was a
'65
Greenbrier.  Everything else, including a Forest Green '69 Monza flat towed
nicely all the way across the state back to the driveway outside.

Vairs are not stupid cars.   Those lates have been hearing what you've been
saying...

Now:    By any chance did this car not have an engine in it?   I've seen some
people have problems with flat towing lates with no engines, rear end
sitting a
bit high, throwing the front end caster off a tad.

tony..