<VV> Re: Turbo still misfiring

Michael Cassera corsa@defiancestudios.com
Sun, 25 Apr 2004 14:59:24 -0700

Okay,

Here's what I found.  I went to pull off the bowl cover to check out the
pump diaphram and I couldn't get the cover off.  It turns out the pin that
holds the float to the cover worked itself out enough to hook under the
metering rod arm.  I had a heck of a time working it back far enough to pull
the cover off.  Hopefully I didn't do damage getting it out.

It looks like the pin was preventing the metering rod from going its full
travel down.  I don't know much about carburators, but by the look of the
metering rod, the further down it goes, the less fuel in the mix.  If that's
the case, it would definately produce the overly rich condition Bob was
talking about.

I recently purchased the rebuilt carb back in January, and I had to replace
the float a few weeks before the long trip because the old one had filled
with gas.  It looks like I put the pin in backwards allowing it to backout
from vibration and get stuck under the metering rod arm.

Once I get it all back together, I'll let you know how it runs.

Thanks to all...

Mike

65 Corsa Turbo
Vegas Vairs