<VV> valve seat set screw retention/tap sizes rewound again ...

AeroNed@aol.com AeroNed@aol.com
Sun, 25 Apr 2004 23:14:35 EDT

In a message dated 4/24/2004 10:58:00 PM Central Standard Time,
deltainc@grm.net writes:
but how many to use ??  Bob mentions tapping the hole, but
do you then use a set screw also, or just hope the upsetting tap will do the
job ?
Me being a belt & suspenders guy ( and having dropped a valve seat in my
Turbo, at some cost in $$$ and aggravation ) .... I would use 3 per valve
seat, and do both intake and exhaust seats (g).... but anyone out there with
detailed experience ??

I had the seats set screwed by Steve Goodman. He used 3 screws per seat,
intake and exhaust. I looked like regular screws were used and the heads carefully
removed. Very nice job, I'd highly recommend it.

Ned