<VV> 64 Spring

BG Todd jprufrock@mindspring.com
Sun, 25 Apr 2004 20:38:39 -0700

Finally, after three years on this list, I have something to post.
Unfortunately, instead offering cogent, insightful, useful, and witty
contributions to the collective brain trust here, I need to be on the
receiving end of same.

Being as how it's springtime, and the leaves are sprouting from the trees,
the transverse spring (leaf spring?) on my 64 has sprung.  For the second
time in two years and 10,000 miles, the super-hard grade 8 unobtanium bolt
connecting the left swing arm to the spring has failed.

Since I have been using the hardest hardware available, and since this
failure has occurred twice in relatively short succession, I wonder if I
might have a problem elsewhere that is causing the bolt to break.  Or maybe
it's supposed to do that, but I couldn't find it in the Tech Guide.I dunno.

Any ideas/comments/suggestions greatly appreciated.  And if anyone lives in
San Francisco and has a nice, unmolested transverse spring lying forlorn and
neglected behind the sofa, I'd sure like to befriend it.

Bobby Todd

64 Monza Convt, 102/4