<VV> 64 Spring

Frank DuVal corvairduval@cox.net
Mon, 26 Apr 2004 09:31:55 -0400

Bobby:

I do not know why my bolts broke either. But I have broken several on
both my 64 Spyder conv  and the 64 4dr Monza I had.
The second time they broke, they were Clark's bolts. The first time they
were OEM or unknown.  If you buy bolts elsewhere, you must file through
the hard shell to drill the cotter key hole. For those who have not
experienced it, breaking a bolt at highway speed ( especially with a
carpool of riders)  makes for a great sparkler show! The surprised look
at the toll attendant's face as I took the exit was great.  I had the
spring removed at a service station and continued to work and back home
in the Monza. Gave new meaning to the term low rider.  I have reused the
"filed" down springs, except the high speed failure one, it was close to
not having a hole on one end.

Frank DuVal