<VV> How long will my Saturn run on the battery ? - NO CORVAIR

Bob Gilbert bgilbert@redshift.bc.ca
Mon, 26 Apr 2004 20:39:03 -0600

Hi Doug,

Not quite the same but I drove my F250 - with everything possible turned off
(including the DRLs) for just over an hour on a combination of a fresh
charge of a high capacity battery and a failed alternator.

Bob

-----Original Message-----
From: virtualvairs-admin@corvair.org
[mailto:virtualvairs-admin@corvair.org]On Behalf Of Doug Mackintosh
Sent: April 26, 2004 7:09 PM
To: virtualvairs@corvair.org
Subject: <VV> How long will my Saturn run on the battery ? - NO CORVAIR

Hey gang!  My daughter has my Saturn in Lynchburg, VA.  The alternator died,
then the battery ran down.  I have the battery now, and plan to fully charge
it.  Does anyone know how far I can drive the Saturn on the fully charged
battery (no alternator function) before it poops out?  I'm trying to work
out the logistics for moving it somewhere I can (hopefully) replace the
alternator.

Thanks

-- Doug Mackintosh
   Corsa member since 1996
   Corsa/NC member since 1996,  Virtual Vairs member
   Corvair owner 1969-1971 and 1996-on