<VV> Tire Pres

EUGENE1938@aol.com EUGENE1938@aol.com
Tue, 27 Apr 2004 18:11:45 EDT

gwyth@sisna.com writes:
I feel that when running empty in a rampside it is better to have a 4-6 lbs
difference in tire pressures, I make it the same when it is loaded.

In my 1961 shop manual on page Specifications 12-3, for the 1200 series
vehicles (FC) it calls for "24 lb./sq. in." with bias ply 7.00-14-4 or 7.00-14-6
tires.  It doesn't reflect a front to rear pressure difference but lists only
one pressure so I have to assume it's for both front and rear.  Since we now use
radial tires I up the pressure to 32 lbs.

I also use a front spoiler and feel it really helps on the highway when
passing 18 wheeler's and in a cross wind.

Ed Corson (CORSA member)
IECC - Riverside, CA