<VV> Speakers

Patten Del R Civ AFRL/PKMA del.patten@kirtland.af.mil
Wed, 28 Apr 2004 00:19:52 +0100

 Hey, it wasn't the barbershop music that did that it was the aged dried out
speakers you were too cheap to replace in the first place...you were
listening to gold medal barbershop there!!  And if you didn't like the
music, why did it take you so long to replace...and where's my brake
bleeder??  I know where your spark plug socket is!!!

-----Original Message-----
From: virtualvairs-admin@corvair.org
[mailto:virtualvairs-admin@corvair.org]On Behalf Of Geoff Johnson
Sent: Friday, April 23, 2004 9:40 PM
To: virtualvairs@corvair.org
Subject: <VV> Speakers

Does anyone have a suggestion on a good brand of 4X10 speakers that will
fit original rear seat speaker mounts?  I have had two modern 4X10's
mounted in the back in two original rear seat speaker mounts in my 63,
looks stock except for there being two.  I had some out of a suburban or
something in there until today as I was driving along cranking through
Riders on the Storm when buzz crackle the back one burned out.  I had seen
it coming, they were not doing so good after listening to barbershop music
in the car.  I have a set of Rockford Fosgate speakers mounted in  a pair
of those fresh air vent speaker mounts up front that Lon sells (really
slick set up BTW).  I would like a match but it does not appear they make
4X10's.  So looking for some that will work.  On  Ebay there seem to be a
fair number of wierd no name stuff, any of it any good?  So any
suggestions?  I want some that will fit the original grills/ mounts, so I
am wondering if someone here has had luck doing the same thing.

Thanks
Geoff Johnson
63 Monza Cp
66 Corsa Cp