<VV> PG Question

Bill Hubbell Bill Hubbell" <whubbell@umich.edu
Tue, 27 Apr 2004 21:46:54 -0400

I think I may have stumbled across the answer to the question posed by Geoff
Johnson a week or so ago.  You may remember he had a 110-PG that "When shifted
into drive it engages really hard.  Makes a big shudder and slams  the car
hard.  Almost feels like shifting into drive with engine revved high."

According to a brief article by Bob Kirkman (CC: 1/92 and also in the Tech
Guide on Transmission page 10), this is most likely caused by "a broken
cushion spring on the low band piston, the smaller spring that is secured to
the piston."

Geoff, let us know what you discover.

Thanks!

Bill Hubbell