<VV> Custom Seats

Frank F Parker fparker@umich.edu
Wed, 28 Apr 2004 20:49:40 -0400 (EDT)

> you wanted to upgrade your seats, it would be much easier to search it there
> were a list of good candidates available.
>
> I already mentioned Kent Sullivan's Sebring convertible conversion.  Any
> others?  Please identify the model and year of the donor car and the year of
> the recipient Vair.

I like Kent's setup cause it uses a modern seat designed to have shoulder
belt as part of seat, thus making the upper mount easier for most people.
Most seats of the last few years are integerated with belts so lots of
candidates.

That said, I went another way since I wanted a more form fitting but
multipower type seat. Ended up with 10 way power, black leather seats from
a late model BMW 545i. They move up/down, tilt front up down, slide back
forth, tilt back 140 deg and headrest adjust up/down with all the
electrics neatly integrated into seat so u just supply fused power. I used
aftermarket lap/shoulder belts from Andover pulling from a reel mounted to
side panel and upper mount on roll bar. They are fairly wide , leaving 4-6
in between them in middle. Straight mount rails but do not line up with
mount so I had to drill new holes and make reinforcement plates like oem
ones for under car.

You can see in car at KY this June. Mad rush to KY after returning from
LeMans race on Mon. ( no sleep )

regards,

frank p.