<VV> Race Weekend Addenum

VairMech@aol.com VairMech@aol.com
Thu, 29 Apr 2004 08:38:08 EDT

    I have done a few things to the engine for up grades, like mill the heads
to the max and still use regular spark plugs. This yeilded an 11.5 -1
compression ratio. I installed the longer and better rocker studs and all the
pushrods are now tailored to the proper length.
    I found out why I was breaking rocker studs! If you remember I broke the
same rocker stud the second time. Well, The valve guide was worn out for that
valve and there was tons of clearance and the pushrod was not the correct
length. So with all the head work and I really ported the head this time I hope to
really be able to put out some power with the stock carbs. I added real
headers also.
     My weber engine is in the works. It will be 13-1 comp ratio.
    Time to go work on the race car. I'll keep everyone posted.

Handy Car Care
Ken Hand
97 Peach
Pontiac, MI., 48342