<VV> Locked engine

Dennis & Debbie Pleau ddpleau@earthlink.net
Thu, 29 Apr 2004 20:55:55 -0500

I pulled the plugs out and I still can't turn the engine over with a 12"
wrench.  I'm at total loss on why.  I drove the car home 3 weeks ago and
took the steering box and mast out.  It sat on stands for the three
weeks.  I put it back together yesterday afternoon.  And it wouldn't turn
over.  I assumed the battery was dead.  This morning I decided I must of
hydraulic locked it with gas so I pulled the plugs after work (the storm
hadn't come in yet).

I checked the oil and it's between full and add and doesn't smell like
gas.  I called Steve Goodman and he suggested I pull the distributor to see
if something had locked up the oil pump.  I ran out of time before I got
that done.  I'm going camping with the Boy Scouts this weekend (probably
why the storm is late), so I won't get a chance to work on it again until
Monday.

Has anyone seen this symptoms before?  I can't believe I had rings rust to
the barrels or bearings freeze in only 3 weeks.

dp