<VV> engine question

NicolCS@aol.com NicolCS@aol.com
Fri, 30 Apr 2004 01:58:40 EDT

I did it recently, Bob.  As Lon stated, getting the old gear off was the
bigger issue.  Fortunately, we had the bad gear to experiment with before trying
to remove the good one.  I didn't replace the little paper gasket (Clarks sells
them) and that was a mistake.  I had a leak into the flywheel flange area.  I
cured the leak with a nice bead of silicone between the hub and gear, thanks
to a tip from another VV'er in Southern Cal (or was it Nevada?).  I also
happen to have the J-tool "required" installation of the gear if you need to borrow
it.
Regards, Craig

<Has anyone ever had success in replacing a defective gear with good used one
pressed off other crankshaft?  I'm wondering about how good the press fit
would be. Thanks in advance.Regards, Bob Helt>