<VV> Re: Turbo Adv/Ret install

Eric S. Eberhard flash@vicspdi.com
Mon, 02 Aug 2004 20:35:55 -0700

Hook up just like the old unit -- piece of cake.

I set my timing at 23 degrees.  It does depend on many things like
altitude, ignition system, etc.  It will likely be less than the stock 24
but you should try to get as much as you can w/out knocking.  We have
extreme weather here (hot summer, cold winter) and at 23 degrees it gives
just a hint of knock when over 100 degrees and lugging and then flooring it
... so I don't do that :-)  At 22 degrees it never knocked.

At 03:52 PM 8/2/2004, Derek Archer wrote:
>So, to install, I would replace the pressure retard with the hybrid unit,
>connect the hose as it was with the retard unit and set the static timing
>to 18-20 degrees advance with that hose disconnected, right?
>
>Derek Archer
>
>***A mathematician is a device for turning coffee into theorems.
>                                                 -- P. Erdos***

Eric S. Eberhard
(928) 567-3727          Voice
(928) 567-6122          Fax
(800) 569-1122          Denver Office (I am never there, you can leave a
message)

928-301-7537 -- you may call any time day or night, I turn it off when I
sleep :-)  Please try to use a land line first (reception often poor).

http://www.vicspdi.com

Completely updated web site of personal pictures with many new
pictures!  Includes horses, dogs, Corvairs, and more.

http://www.vicspdi.com/ourpics/index.html