<VV> Oil Filters - an interesting thing......

Mike Ioanes mioanes@woh.rr.com
Wed, 4 Aug 2004 13:12:33 -0400

> Does this mean fram re-introduced the PH4?
To the best of my knowledge, they've never discontniued them, just
redesigned or changed manufacturers.  Before Carlisle (2003 convention), I
first started to try ordering some AC/Delco PF4's at work.  We couldn't
figure out how to order them, so I ordered some Fram PH4's instead.  They
took a long time coming in, so I had my coworker who placed the order check
on it.  The answer was that they had to find a new vendor.  I got 12 which
have the old type seal, firmly attached to the filter. I ordered some more,
which came in almost a year later.  They have the "new" type seal, which
floats in place.

Am I correct in understanding that the new style seal will work?
Mike Ioanes