<VV> Crazy Corsa

Glenn psaboic@yahoo.com
Thu, 5 Aug 2004 05:32:50 -0700 (PDT)

Ok,

The 65 Corsa has seemingly gone a little tipsy. It has been running perfectly for the last 2 months. Yesterday I noticed at the start of my commute that the tach was fluctuating about 1000 RPM whenever I let off the gas. Today on the way into work, it acted normally for the first 5 miles, then started doing it again and getting progressively worse.

The tach will read spot on if you hold a steady cruise, but if you let off the gas to shift gears or slow down, it instantly pegs at 6000 RPM. The minute you feed it a bit of gas it goes right back to spot on RPM. Weird eh?

The really wierd thing is the last three miles of my drive I noticed not only did it peg if I let off the gas, but now if I feed it anything more than a little gas it will also peg until I go back to steady cruise where the craxy tach goes back to a proper reading.

Finally (as if the above were not enough) also in the last three miles I started to notice a moderate miss if I accelerated hard enough to put the motor under a good load. This miss is also accompanied by the wonderful sound of spark knock/dentonation.

What happened???   I'm thinking my timing has started to slip (it did once before)

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Glen