<VV> Disc Brake Question, no Corvair

GYoungwolf@aol.com GYoungwolf@aol.com
Thu, 5 Aug 2004 18:41:43 EDT

I think I am having a problem with newly (aftermarket rebuilt) installed ABS
front disc brake calipers/pads. If one were defective, would the car pull
toward or away from it? I'm guessing away if it was sticking slightly in the
unapplied position, but wanted to check opinions. Sometimes when I first apply the
brakes normally, the car jerks quickly to the left and then settles in and
slows/stops fine. If the brakes are applied very, very slowly, there is no
problem. If pumped slightly, there is also no problem. I am sure there is no air in
the system and I replaced most of the fluid in the changing process. There was
nothing like this going on before, but they had to be replaced when one of
the ceramic pistons in the original calipers locked up and cracked (and ruined
the rotor) at 160K miles of use. The replacements are all steel. Thanks for
your ideas,
Grant
Thanks,
Grant