<VV> Unsolvable Clutch Problem in my FC

* Greenbrier Goon * greenbriergoon@hotmail.com
Fri, 06 Aug 2004 04:02:14 +0000

>From: "Dan & Synde" <dsjkling@sbcglobal.net>

>I remember some time ago that you said you tried increasing the throw back
>at the clutch end by creating a lever where the cable connects at one point
>and the clutch rod connects at another point on a lever.  Is this still the
>case or is it back to a stock configuration where the clutch rod moves the
>same amount as the cable does?  I tried the lever trick and ended up
>damaging a cable and could no longer use it because it had put too much
>tension on it and wore out the plastic cable liner.

No.  I have removed the lever contraption.  Now the lengthened pedal is the
only non-stock thing.

It seems to work right after starting up the engine, but after I get to the
end of my street, the problem starts again.

Charles

Greenbrier World:
http://www.c-zone.net/northgte/greenbrier.htm

1963 Greenbrier PG (soon to be 4 speed)

Don't let Ralph Nader ruin another Presidential election.
http://www.ralphdontrun.net