<VV> A Corvair adventure (part 4)

Sadek Charles H DLVA SadekCH@NSWC.NAVY.MIL
Fri, 6 Aug 2004 08:48:02 -0400

And who is afraid to drive their Corvairs?

Fantastic report, Daniel!  Sorry you had the head problem.  From those who
have driven their Corvairs a long way, I think the only really tough
on-the-road problem that might come up on a reasonably maintained Corvair is
the rear wheel bearings.  If they are greased, generally it seems the
engine, trans and diff are strong enough to seldom fail.  Yes, I know we
have instances on our 40 yr old cars, but if you keep them full of oil, they
are like the Bunny, right Mr Smitty!?!?!?

I think Smitty is going to start an honorary "over the hump" club, where you
have to have a trip longer than some arbitrary figure to join....
<GG>

Chuck "longest trip in '68 Cpe was 1065 mi" S
BBRT

-----Original Message-----
From: Daniel Monasterio [mailto:dmonasterio@megared.net.mx]
Sent: Thursday, August 05, 2004 7:05 PM
To: virtualvairs@corvair.org
Cc: sethracer@aol.com; hallgm@allstream.net
Subject: <VV> A Corvair adventure (part 4)

   BC, CANADA

   After several days hanging around and visiting my son in law's huge
family,
and listening and answering all kind of comments about the trip and the car,

     Enjoyed Death Valley coloured mountains and views, drived thru Phoenix,
Tucson, Nogales border, Hermosillo, Culiacan, Mazatlan, Tepic and finally
Guadalajara by noon, Saturday, July 10th, after 4 weeks and 7,803 miles
behind.
     Portland ? ... don't thing so but, who knows ?....it is on the path to
BC.

     Daniel Monasterio
     Proudly member of VVB (Virtual Vairs Brotherhood)