<VV> Unsolvable Clutch Problem in my FC

Alan and Clare Wesson alan.wesson@atlas.co.uk
Fri, 6 Aug 2004 19:12:47 +0100

I think you're dead right Mike - that is what I would have done if I had
kept it (I like American auto trannies anyway - I want performance, I drive
a Lancia Turbo or a Lotus; I want lazy and smooth, I drive an American

However, the practicalities of the conversion, and the daunting costs of
shipping a PG and all the necessary parts over the pond, made it not
worthwhile to me. I would be better buying another FC that already had a PG,
and one day I might just do that!



Lotus 7 S2 and S3 spares and restoration specialists

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Mike Ioanes" <mioanes@woh.rr.com>
To: "Alan and Clare Wesson" <alan.wesson@atlas.co.uk>
Cc: <virtualvairs@corvair.org>
Sent: Friday, August 06, 2004 2:18 PM
Subject: Re: <VV> Unsolvable Clutch Problem in my FC

> Alan writes:----- > This describes exactly the problem I had with the
> 8-door's clutch. Three
> > times. After three rebuilds, and with the symptoms persisting but my
> > account showing signs of stress, I decided that the only options were to
> put
> > in a PG or sell it.
> >
> > Sadly, I sold it.
> >
> > Cheers
> >
> > Alan
> Should have put a PG in it.  "Greenbrier Goon" should have kept his PG.
> far, all my Corvairs have been 2-carb PG's- a trouble-free combination..
> Not saying I would never buy one with a stick, or a 140 or turbo.
> Mike Ioanes