<VV> Electrical Fire (long)

Dennis & Debbie Pleau ddpleau@earthlink.net
Mon, 09 Aug 2004 18:00:13 -0500

I quit using that horrid little plastic thingy (VV pet name for the
connection between the battery and the rest of the car) and replaced it
with a 40 amp RV circuit breaker.  When I added a high volume blower fan
with a relay, I just added another 10 amp circuit breaker for it.  A few
years ago I have a short in the turn signal wiring right behind the
steering wheel.  In a 65 this is not a fused circuit.  It smoked up pretty
good before the breaker opened up, but it shut off the current, before I
could get the battery unhooked.  I think it is a worthwhile addition.

Dennis