<VV> Differential swap question

BobHelt@aol.com BobHelt@aol.com
Tue, 10 Aug 2004 11:27:07 EDT

In a message dated 8/10/04 6:17:02 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
m.j.murphy@comcast.net writes:

<< My question is, will the
 differential from the 3 speed bolt up to the 4 speed without modification?
 I'm trying to get him out of it cheap but if there are issues then we'd
 rather not waste the time and effort trying it.  Thanks! >>

Mark,
As I remember, this will work OK. But one caution. Be sure that you check
both the diff and tranny to see that the lube transfer holes match up. You may
encounter a situation where only a small top hole matches, which could transfer
lube to the tranny with there being no return holes.
Regards,
Bob Helt