<VV> carb rebuilds

cash case cash.case@sbcglobal.net
Wed, 11 Aug 2004 20:13:59 -0500

I rebuilt a set of carbs today for the '65 monza/110/auto/ac
It went ok mostly...
A couple of things that went not so ok were that idle enrichment vents,
I think thats what they are called at the base of the carbs, and
adjustments.
I ordered some new enrichment valves (Little metal tang with a rubber
tab on the end of it). They came with new screws. I had the old ones,
but I figured that it came with new ones so I'd use them. Bad idea.
They seems to be of a bit larger diameter and when I screwed them into
the base of the carb the head twisted off. Luckily I had a spare carb
base.

The second thin is that When I got them back together I couldn't get
the idle to come down. The engine was racing like crazy.
The linkage all looks correct front the pictures I have and the classic
corvair book.

Anyone have an idea what I might have done wrong?

It used to hardly move in drive without stalling.
On the up side, the car seems to have great power now.   ;op

[demime 0.98e removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of cash face.jpg]
Cash Case
"Some people are like slinkies.
They're not worth much,
but you can't help but smile