<VV> Clutch release bearing shaft seal...

Norman C. Witte ncwitte@wittelaw.com
Thu, 12 Aug 2004 09:56:13 -0400

If you are talking about the little seal at the end of the diff snout, I
think it is called the pinion rear seal.   It is easy to pry out with a
small screwdriver and drive a new one in with a socket.  It should be coated
in oil prior to installing.  Yes, you should change this, the throw-out
bearing, the pilot bushing (let's hear it for the bread pushers!), and (if
you have a riveted flywheel) the flywheel while the powertrain is separated.
Much easier to do it now than later....  This is the voice of experience.

Norm Witte