<VV> Did You Know? 9th Racers'Reunion this year

Sadek Charles H DLVA SadekCH@NSWC.NAVY.MIL
Fri, 13 Aug 2004 11:38:08 -0400

DID YOU KNOW A RACERS' REUNION/NECC TIME TRAIL IS THE CHEAPEST, LEAST RISK,
MOST FUN WAY TO EXPERIENCE DRIVING ON A ROAD RACE TRACK?

Did you know that a first time driver, in an automatic stock Corvair,
trophied at VA Intl Raceway two years ago at the NECC Time Trials?

Did you know we generally have parts from Lon Wall for sale at the hotel on
Sunday and track on Monday in case you need them-Harmonic balancer, belts,
fuel pump, bearings, etc?  Seth has wires on hand and there are plenty of
helping hands to fix anything that needs fixing.

Did you know that the folks that go to these events will help you get home
with your car if you have a problem?

Did you know that Warren presents the Tweety awards (see other email) at
every event?

Did you know that Chevrolet is giving us some goodies for our registration
packets?

Did you know that Donna Mae Mims will be grid Marshall for BeaveRun Track?
Donna Mae raced Corvairs for Don Yenko, will be at dinner with those who get
there on Sat eve, around on Sunday and at Dinner, and running the grid at
the track on Monday.  She was the first woman SCCA National Champion in
1963.

Did you know that if you are a Corvair person, you can drive your street car
(H20-type)  if your Corvair isn't available...like those of you in Group
Red?

Did you know that a Time Trials has no RACING and is for EVERYBODY?  Yes, we
have a "fastest" group where folks go as fast as they can.  But, we also
have a "fast" group (or slowest group) you can be in, and the cars are
street cars, with limited mods, or you in a higher performance car but don't
feel comfortable in the fast group.  The only passing allowed is on the
straights in designated places marked by cones-for all groups.

DID YOU KNOW YOU CAN HAVE A WHOLE LOT OF FUN AND GAIN A GREAT EXPERIENCE?