<VV> Re: Contents of VirtualVairs digest VOL 1 # 908 VAIR MOTOR

Samuel D. Streiff cmpwbn@gis.net
Fri, 13 Aug 2004 13:02:10 -0400

"Maybe I was not clear the first time, this is a complete drive train, all in
one piece. Motor,(a 140), transaxle, and 4-speed tranny. It seems as though
it
will fit, Thanks to all who replyed, only problem will be getting it in the
van, weight wise. What does a complete drivetrain weigh? I have some ideas as
to how to do it. I just thought in might make a nice project to work on in
the
winter, and rebuild so I can learn on it, and have a spare 140/4 speed in
case
I need it some time. Both 65s are 140s. So, what does a drivetrain weigh?
Thanks all, thats why I love this place. BRUCE"

Seems to me no one knows the right answer:
 It weighs enough to flatten the front tires of my '48 Ford 8N (Tractor) when
I lifted a whole 140 & 4speed using the front bucket to carry it to my chicken
coop to store it!
It was almost impossible to steer the d... thing!
My impression is the 650 lbs is closer to correct. I once carried a 4' X 3' X
1' stone door step that didn't flatten my Lizzie's tires so badly!
Sam
'48 Ford 8N
'61 Lakewood
'64 Rampside