<VV> a good vair day

Delta Inc deltainc@grm.net
Fri, 13 Aug 2004 20:31:00 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: "N. Joseph Potts" <pottsf@msn.com>
>      Even if it breaks now and then the way mine does, your Corvair will
> continue giving you increasing amounts of pleasure to drive as time goes
on.
> Mine does.
>
> Joe Potts
> Miami, Florida USA
> 1966 Corsa coupe 140hp 4-speed with A/C
**************
Well, I got a 88 Tempo with modern fuel injection, front wheel drive,
electronic ignition, etc etc..... and " compares " to my old 66 110/4 'vair.
Both have about 125K miles on them.

Guess which one I use to go get parts for the other one?  Guess which one I
have never had to take over 15 minutes to fix when it quit?
Guess which one has the F... I mean front driveshafts clicking and clacking
after the same mileage ... ( the vair rear joints are still tight ... )...
Guess which one needs the fuel injectors cleaned or replaced ... the vair
carbs ( 2 ) never are completely right ( as are FI occasonally )  ... but
are never completely wrong ( as FI are occasionally ) ... Both get about
25-30 mpg ..
**********
Did I mention which is more fun to drive and pretend I'm a 21 yr old boy
racer again?  I am proud to report that I asked " Blue Mex " ( 'vair ") for
about 80 miles today, and passed 2 little penis-ringed liberals-to-be in a
Cavalier ...   on  a lovely 30 mile section of curvy road ... Thank you God,
maybe tomorrow same time, same road ...
Did I mention how many thumbs up and waves and smiles from pretty young(er)
ladies I get with my 'vair? ( and mostly finger in throat gestures when I go
by in my Tempo. )
Anyone want a good deal on a POS 88 tempo ... I might consider pulling it
there behind the 'vair ... ( heh heh ) ...
just some thoughts ... a good vair day indeed, ken campbell, deltawerkes.