<VV> Frustrating problem

Geoffrey A Johnson geoffj@unm.edu
Sun, 15 Aug 2004 13:58:45 -0600 (MDT)

Pump rod on the fuel pump worn to much?  This happened last week on my
63.  Old pushrod was worn enough that it wwould work for a good drive
then once hot would not run at low speeds.  Would do highway speeds but on
slowdown  it
would die.  Measured it and pump rod was a good 3 millimeters shorter
then a new one.  Swapped it out and now it runs perfectly.  Figure it was
enough to get enough fuel at high RPMS but with heat was to weak to work
at lower rpms.

Just a thought...
Geoff Johnson