<VV> Frustrating problem

Eric S. Eberhard flash@vicspdi.com
Sun, 15 Aug 2004 23:54:39 -0700

Vapor Lock?

At 11:48 AM 8/15/2004, Terry Kalp wrote:
>Group,
>
>I need your help and advice trying to solve a fellow Corvair owner's problem.
>He has a '66 Corvair Monza 140 hp PG convertible.  It starts and runs fine for
>about 15 minutes then it won't run well under 25 mph, it will idle fine, but
>not in gear . . . put it in gear and it dies.
>
>What has been done so far:
>
>A new coil has been installed.
>
>It has a Pertonics I . . . we tried changing back to points, but it didn't
>help
>
>Adjusted and checked the sync on the carbs, check out fine.
>
>Secondary carbs are not leaking air or gas.
>
>Timing set and distributor is the correct 339 for the car.
>
>Vacuum Advance is working.
>
>Chokes are working.
>
>Gas cap is vented.
>
>Suggestions?
>
>Terry Kalp

Eric S. Eberhard
(928) 567-3727          Voice
(928) 567-6122          Fax
(800) 569-1122          Denver Office (I am never there, you can leave a
message)

928-301-7537 -- you may call any time day or night, I turn it off when I
sleep :-)  Please try to use a land line first (reception often poor).

http://www.vicspdi.com

Completely updated web site of personal pictures with many new
pictures!  Includes horses, dogs, Corvairs, and more.

http://www.vicspdi.com/ourpics/index.html