<VV> FW: 64 Monza Convert - should I keep or dump?

N. Joseph Potts pottsf@msn.com
Tue, 17 Aug 2004 09:14:40 -0400

You show me a guy who can sell his Corvair for more than he's put into it,
and I'll show you a guy who doesn't get to enjoy his Corvair.
     It's a hobby, not an investment. Drive the car a bit, if you can. See
if you want to drive it some more. If you want to drive it some more, enough
to justify the outlay of money and work (play?), go for it! If not, sell it.
And stick to new cars. Old cars, restored or not, are a different animal
entirely.
     And DON'T hold out for what you've got in it. Almost ANY other way of
making money is easier.

Joe Potts
Miami, Florida USA
1966 Corsa coupe 140hp 4-speed with A/C
NO hope of anything over 25 cents on the dollar

-----Original Message-----
From: virtualvairs-admin@corvair.org
[mailto:virtualvairs-admin@corvair.org]On Behalf Of Jeffrey Weston
Sent: Monday, August 16, 2004 10:15 PM
To: virtualvairs@corvair.org
Subject: <VV> FW: 64 Monza Convert - should I keep or dump?

I recently purchased a 64 Monza Convert - looks good with new interior,
freshly painted trunk, eng compt and under carriage, pretty good red paint,
non leaky top with non opening rear window (frayed zipper I wired shut) - I
am no gear head genius so when I got it home I discovered I need brakes,
wheel cylinders, pitman arm and bushing, generator, battery.  Now from 7500
purchase I am up to 9K.  Then on the second pleasure outing the belt flew
off and I discovered the oil pressure sensor had been replaced with a bolt
and there are no defroster ducts.  Looks like the previous owner short
cutted his restoration at the end.  Who knows what is next.  The dollars are
getting to be more than it's worth I think. (110hp, 4 speed)