<VV> Wanted...Saving half shaft universal joints.

BEllison@bbafiberweb.com BEllison@bbafiberweb.com
Wed, 18 Aug 2004 11:11:46 -0400

Okay, I've done it twice now, and both times I've lost the rollers on the
ends of the universal joint.  What do you do with the half shafts, once
they're disconnected from the diff, and taped off?  The half shafts keep
getting in my way, banging on the tranny, ripping the tape off, and boom,
roller to the floor, and across the garage to pick up dirt and drop the
little rollers.  Grrrrr!

I opted out of removing the shaft from the bearing side, too.

Using an ATV lift, so I'm all alone with noone else to hold them out of my
way.

Just R&R for a T/O bearing, and diff seal leak in my "new" 65 Red Vert.
Local Economy run this weekend.  Replace the pilot bushing while I'm there.
It's soaking in oil, right now, on my desk.

Barry

Please note: This message may contain information which is privileged and confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by replying to the message and deleting it from your computer.