<VV> EM Specific questions.

Tony Underwood tonyu@roava.net
Sat, 21 Aug 2004 11:57:09 -0700

At 11:33 hours 08/21/2004 -0400, chuck wrote:
>Mr Jackleg...
>
>What brackets are you talking about?
>
>Chuck S
>On Behalf Of Tony Underwood
>
>>The rear crossmember is actually the same for 3spd and Powerglide. 4spd
>is
>>different.
>>So, you'll need the transmission support for a 4spd and the rear
>
>Transmission brackets are indeed different.  I have a collection.

...The 3/16" thick stamped steel bracket painted chassis-black that  bolts
to the gearbox which in turn is attached to the crossmember mounts via
11/16" castle nuts.   There are at least 4 different ones.

Maybe we need to distinguish the differences between a crossmember and a
transmission mount bracket... :)      Or something...  or maybe *I* need to
have somebody tell me the exact nomenclature for the foot long stamped
steel black bracket that holds the transmission in the car.

I have been known to coin my own little pet names for things...

...and NO I don't mean that I coin pet names for my own little thing.

tony..    pre-empting the zingers I know would likely be coming