<VV> Re:RUST BELT VOICES(little or no vair)

N2VZD@aol.com N2VZD@aol.com
Sun, 22 Aug 2004 03:13:54 EDT

my main concerns on rust here is the amount of gas tanks/senders and brake
tubing that  are being replaced after not enough years.  the garage was
replaceing brake tubing the other day on a 2001 car. every day sees gas tanks not that
old in the trash bin. gas senders on most cars set down in a recessed area
that catches salt and holds it there. it rots the pipes off the
senders...nowdays most are under pressure so gas leaks under pressure. the seams are turned
upwards on a tank so salt stays on the edges rotting  it out. the only time they
discover this is when the tank is full ...
just observations from my "stopping by" my old place of business. most
attempts at rustproofing only make things worse. spraying oil or cosmoline helps
more that anything else but it must be done at least  once a year .i could go on
but you guys out west probably dont know what a torch is really for...regards
tim colson